Rolex 24 At Daytona
2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
No. 99 GAINSCO Auto Insurance®/JDC-Miller MotorSports/ORECA/Gibson
11:00 pm update 1/27/18
No. 99 Red Dragon™: Stephen Simpson, Misha Goikhberg, Chris Miller and Gustavo Menezes
Highest Race Position: 10
Current Race Position: 18th -10 laps
· Stephen Simpson started the race and passed Alonso on lap one. The duo continued to battle for position and the South African secured the spot, and ran as high as 10th position before turning the car over to Misha Goikhberg in 12th position after double stint.
· Clean stint for Goikhberg. Slow pitstop dropped the Red Dragon one position. Goikhberg turned the car over to Chris Miller after double stint.
· Chris Miller made progress immediately on the track and gained one position to 13th. Served a stop and go penalty for speeding in the pitlane. Lost one lap. Turned car over to Gustavo Menezes after double stint.
· Despite a brief downpour requiring a stop for rain tires, Menezes finished a clean double stint in 12th position, and turned the car over to Stephen Simpson.
· Stephen Simpson had contact (car unknown) requiring a lengthy repair to the front toe link. Lost 8 laps. Turned the car over to Misha at 10:50 pm.
Photo Credit: LAT Photo